Are you looking for a new opportunity to propel your career? Now’s your chance to join one of the most established and fastest growing marketing, PR and digital consultancies in the UK, where you’ll be instrumental in both the consultancy’s and its clients’ ongoing success. Due to a number of new client wins and ongoing year on year growth, my client is recruiting a bright and confident Account Director to join our vibrant team of PR, marketing and digital specialists based in Milton Keynes. A sub-office based in Manchester provides an alternative office base.
Their client-base are B2B, global leaders in science, engineering and technology serving a diverse range of sectors - from automotive and aerospace right through to laboratories, retail and much more. Thanks to this focus, their world is fast paced and full of innovation - they’re looking for someone that is keen to hit the ground running, has great ideas and wants to get stuck in from day one.
You will work closely with a talented team to develop, plan and manage the delivery of projects. You will be tasked with managing a number of accounts and you will be a key client contact.
As a full-service agency my client offer everything from digital and content strategy, web site development and SEO all the way through to content creation, social media management, design and videos.
In return, they’re offering a fantastic career opportunity with a competitive salary and the chance to develop and hone your skills. They even finish work early on Fridays!
To be considered for this position you must be an ambitious and confident PR professional with previous PR agency experience and a proven track record in successfully running B2B and corporate communications accounts. In addition, you must have sound commercial acumen and solid new business experience.
The role of Client Account Manager/Consultant requires:
- Excellent PR and media skills
- Some demonstrable knowledge of marketing principals.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and evolving priorities
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, with a 'can-do’ attitude
- The knowledge to help develop marketing and PR services for digital and social channels
- The vision to help deliver creative solutions for clients and the business as a whole
- The drive to continuously meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
- Working with senior managers to develop, implement and manage effective client communication strategies - both on and offline.
- Day to day, main point of contact for key clients in a range of B2B sectors.
- Supporting client meetings and providing proactive, commercial and imaginative input, suggestions and solutions to meet the challenges faced by clients
- Responsibility for day to day management of client accounts, ensuring that all activities are run efficiently, profitably and to agreed targets
- Working with colleagues and external suppliers to ensure the highest quality work
- Researching and writing press releases and copy for media and online channels
- Ensuring that all client communications are handled in an exemplary manner
- Maintaining accurate records of all activities, including time and job sheets, using Synergist CRM production and job planning system
- Ensuring effective client reporting, including budget status and monthly client updates.
- Helping the team to develop new initiatives to promote the business
This is an important position that will play a crucial role in helping improve client services and grow the business.
The role therefore requires somebody who has a background in PR, with at least four years’ experience, either gained in-house or working in an agency, preferably B2B. A good understanding of marketing principals is also key.
This is a client-facing role. It therefore requires an individual with excellent people skills, with the ability to form successful business relationships with individuals at all levels within client organisations, and to work proactively with other team members to ensure that the business AND client goals are met.
The successful candidate will need to be able to think strategically and tactically, with an innovative and open-minded outlook, and be confident, ambitious and driven by a desire to help deliver exceptional service to a growing group of clients.
Although formal qualifications are preferred, we are willing to consider applicants who have gained knowledge through their experience in the industry. Similarly, although the majority of existing work is with technology clients, we are looking to expand into other market sectors, so are happy to consider applicants from a background in related B2B areas.
In the first instance please submit a cv below or for a confidential discussion, please call Andy Ward at Little Orchard
- Corporate Communications
- Digital Channels