Cleaning & Environmental Operations Manager - London Office
Purpose of the Role
The Operations Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective management and coordination of cleaning operations across sites within the Savills UK portfolio within London and the South. This role is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for clients, tenants, and staff through strategic planning, onsite presence, and close collaboration with cleaning teams and stakeholders.
The role will include the general management, compliance, site support and management of the cleaning and environmental services teams within your designated area.
Ensuring that every member of the team within this area is operating within the regulations of the Savills Cleaning & Environmental Quality Management System.
Conducting site assurance visits to ensure the sites are supported in delivering both central and site based objectives, ensuring high levels of service delivery through subject matter expertise, training guidance and action planning and sites are delivering against the Cleaning Operations strategy.
- To produce regular update reports to the Associate Director of Cleaning and Environmental Operations on the cleaning functions and related issues at sites.
- Monitor vacancies and support sites in recruitment where required.
- Work with our support agency service partners and other suppliers to conduct regular KPI reviews, ensuring services delivery to sites is maintained and improved where required.
- Conduct site assurance and support visits, ensuring compliance with all internal procedures, Cleaning & Environmental ISO9001 standard operating procedures, forms, local site processes, including site Assignment Instructions and the Cleaning & Environmental Services Operations Manual are completed on each property on a regular basis and any action points are raised with the appropriate manager.
- Ensure compliance with all external bodies including enforcement agencies and auditory bodies.
- Supporting the developing and implementation of any additional cleaning policies, protocols and procedures.
- Support with the recruitment, training and supervision of Cleaners/Environmental Services Operatives.
- To review and process all incidents using the site incident reporting system, to conduct investigations and to produce regular incident reporting information as required on the cleaning workstream.
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant H&S regulations, carrying out any necessary training and tool box talks to ensure that your teams are fully compliant.
- Ensure the overall effective and efficient delivery of cleaning & environmental services, including a focus on delivery a exceptional customer experience for our visitors and stakeholders.
- Support sites in their cleaning and environmental requirements, which may include developing rotas ensuring all shifts are covered and service delivery is not impacted by absence.
- Ensure time sheets are correctly compiled, on schedule, for audit, invoicing and pay purposes for any directly managed sites.
- Create reports for site and central management on Cleaning & Environmental services where applicable.
- Ensure annual development reviews (PDRs) have been completed on all members of staff, ensuring all such records are correctly updated and recorded for future reference.
- Ensure all Cleaning & Environmental staff are trained in line with statutory and internal requirements [as stipulated within the Cleaning & Environmental Services Operations Manual], ensuring a training matrix is kept up to date with all training delivered and scheduled, helping to identify any skills gaps within the team.
- Ensure all staff undertake thorough inductions into their positions in accordance with local site induction plans and central induction policies.
- Report any significant incidents, [Environmental or Health & Safety] to the relevant central team [FM+ / Safety + / People +]
- Ensure all regulations both statutory and site led in relation to Health & Safety; Environmental and Quality Procedures are followed.
- Co-ordinate and assist in any emergency responses, i.e. evacuation, incident management where required.
- Investigate and resolve issues as per the Site Assignment instructions and Company Employee Handbook.
- Effectively support and manage employment relations issues including absence management, performance development reviews (PDRs), disciplinary issues, etc., in accordance with Company personnel procedures and in collaboration with the regional HR Advisor/HR Business Partners.
- Explore innovation and sustainable opportunities where possible in conjunction with the site teams and central In House Cleaning & Environmental division lead. Ensuring these initiatives are aligned to our central ESG agenda.
- Support sites, working collaboratively to drive cleaning & environmental initiatives where applicable.
- Create a motivated culture within the team, ensuring a true one team approach.
- Ensure communication with sites is maintained to a high standard.
- Drive a community working culture throughout the sites where possible, sharing best practise.
- Attend, contribute and lead regional cluster calls.
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors as required to explore both value for money and service delivery.
- Support the Associate Director: Cleaning & Environmental Operations, in ensuring site and central policies, procedures and business updates are cascaded down to cleaning and environmental operatives [where appropriate] via a solid communication strategy.
- Build a professional relationship with Tier 1 suppliers, Savills and Client representatives, potential clients and represent the site, and Savills, in a professional manner at all times.
- Support and drive a culture of improved customer experience across the Cleaning and Environmental team members.
- Work closely with the centre management teams and other relevant stakeholders to monitor the team to achieve the highest possible standards of service delivery.
- Drive a consistently high mystery shopper and occupier surveys score.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'