Class 1 HGV Day Trunk Driver (Temp 2Perm)
SJB Consulting UK are recruiting for an additional experienced Class 1 HGV DAY Trunk Driver to join the team within a busy freight transport company based in Portsmouth.
You will be required to drive to and from the hub location based in the Midlands.
Monday to Friday (DAYS) start time 0600 finished around 1630 / 1700
On occasion the trunk may start at 0230 finishing around 1230 lunchtime
Experience & Knowledge:
- You should have held your HGV 1 Licence for a minimum 2 years.
- No more than 6 points no DD/ DR Code convictions
- Hold a current valid DCPC Card.
- Understand and able to comply with Drivers hours and WTD legislation.
- Able to understand and carry out necessary vehicle checks to ensure vehicle safety and able to report defects correctly.
- Should comply with on-site health and safety requirements.
- Good geographical knowledge of the south of England.
- Have the experience and knowledge to be able to divert cross country to and from the hub as and when signs, traffic or other conditions dictate.
- £11.50 per hour
- Minimum 10 hours paid per day
- £115 per shift basic pay
- Weekly average £600.00 per week
Salary upon successful 12 weeks:
£29'900 per annum + Holidays + Benefits
What we offer in return:
- Minimum 10 hours Paid Per Shift
- Paid breaks
- Full time contracts
- Flexible working
- Holiday Pay
- PAYE, umbrella, Limited payments
- Ongoing bookings in advance
- Permanent positions Day & Night
- DC deliveries
- Store drops maximum of 3
- Paid Up skilling to ADR & Tankers
- Class 2 to Class 1 paid for after qualifying period
- Average Day Driver Earnings £600+
- Average Night Driver Earnings £750 +
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job