My client has three positions available for a claims handler specialising in motor claims and property claims.
There is one entry level position, one intermediate and one advanced level available.
Salary range will be between £16,000 and £20,000 depending on experience.
My client specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services. Our people are as diverse as our products and services and as varied as our clients. We believe that individuals from different backgrounds encourage a challenging team environment, a creative approach to problem solving and an interesting working environment.
We are seeking an individual with experience of primarily handling commercial property claims but those with Domestic property or general insurance experience will be considered.
The role will involve working within an experienced team of technical claims technicians, dealing with your own claims from FNOL to settlement. A majority of the claims will be of varying value and complexity so you`ll have the skills and knowledge to settle (within your authority) or to pass the more complex cases on to other departments when necessary.
Most importantly, you`ll be able to put yourself in our customer`s shoes, see the full picture and have the ability to make decisions based on the facts, treating all claims on their individual merits. You will deal with a caseload of primarily commercial property desktop claims, and as such you need the ability, confidence and background knowledge to make the right decisions on each claim. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement covering a diverse and interesting range of claims.
You will have/will be:
- Negotiation skills
- Report and letter writing
- Excellent communication skills with both Customers and Clients
- Prioritise workload effectively
- Experience of dealing with commercial (or domestic) property damage claims
- The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership of your own caseload of claims
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with our customers, to promote customer satisfaction during all stages of the claim.
- Understanding and empathy throughout
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Progress toward or intention to become Cert / Dip CII qualified
Typical ideal backgrounds are from legal, call centre and claims handling.
The salary range in between £16,000 and £20,000. This company also offers fantastic progression opportunities. Private health care. Please apply with your CV if interested. Cardiff.