Job Title: Civils Infrastructure Design Technician
Salary: £22K - £30K
Due to the continued successful growth, my client is looking for Highways, Drainage and Infrastructure Design Technician to support a diverse range of projects at their friendly and relaxed office based near Aldershot.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Attend internal design review meetings
2. Preparation of simple calculations
3. Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
4. Supporting the administration of projects
5. Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
6. Working in both an office environment and on site
7. Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
8. Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
9. Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
10. Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
11. Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
12. Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
1. Appropriate qualification in civil engineering - HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
2. Post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
3. Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
6. Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
7. Full, clean UK driver's license
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job