Reporting to the Director of Commissioning, this role will provide pro-active support to deliver the Directorate’s project office function. The person undertaking this role will need to engage across the Directorate Leadership Team to ensure that commissioning and transformation projects are effectively resourced, prioritised, delivered at pace, and provide positive return on investment. The role will also include full PMO support and delivery on some wider departmental priorities, for example the SEND Inspection readiness. The person undertaking this role will be required to have extensive project and programme management expertise and experience. Most tasks will be completed without supervision or direct instruction to a high required level of quality.
- Ensure that the Directorate operates an effective project and programme management function.
- Track and monitor the Directorate’s live portfolio of commissioning programmes and projects, ensuring that the Director of Commissioning remains appraised of key delivery risks and issues across the commissioning programme.
- Organise and report to programme meetings (such as Operations and Oversight), including agendas, minutes and documentation.
- Advise the Director of Commissioning on the pipeline of commissioning projects, ensuring that projects are fully evaluated to enable commissioning return on investment to be maximised.
- Plan, with the Directorate Leadership Team, the deployment of Commissioning resource, ensuring that commissioning programmes and projects have access to sufficient levels of capability and capacity.
- Coordinate provision of staffing and budget information to Finance Officers, particularly in relation to the allocation of staff time across the programme of commissioning projects.
- Implementation of best practice methodology (e.g. PRINCE2 and MSP) where possible
- Manage / supervise the work of the Business Support Officer.
You will have worked within a PMO environment ideally Children Services but good PMO/Project experience is key
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job