Prophet Care recruitment are currently looking for experienced Support Workers to join a children's residential home in Ilford. The home provides care and full time support for 8-18 year old children and young people with learning disabilities and autism.
If you feel you meet the following criteria, do not delay in sending your CV today!
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year’s experience in working with children and young people who have learning disabilities and other needs
- An understanding of the needs of children and young people with learning disabilities
- Experience of providing care to people with learning disabilities
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User’s needs
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices
- NVQ 3 in Care
- Flexibility for shift work and sleep ins on a rota basis
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing day to day care for Young People, whether this is supporting them in activities, education or statutory meetings relating to their time in residential care. You will work as part of a dedicated team. Your role will include cooking and cleaning and of course safeguarding their welfare at all times. You will support the business, clinical and social development of the service.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including eligibility to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS and full reference checks.
For more information on the role please apply for the role, and we will contact you within 24 hours of your application.
- Learning Disabilities
- Support Workers
- challenging behaviour
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job