37 hours per week
Circa £22,000 per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Supporting children and young people with disabilities by providing short breaks for their families is a vital part of our work. As a Team Leader you’ll be working in our project delivering and planning the fun programme of activities during weekends, evenings and school holidays.
You will support and guide the team both in the office and out on the activities getting fully involved. We pride ourselves that the children are given new opportunities that they can enjoy and participate in with their disability not being a barrier. Your role will include empowering the children and young people as well as motivating the staff team to deliver the best outcomes.
How you’ll make a difference:
By supporting children and young people with disabilities across the county of Buckinghamshire
By planning and providing short breaks for families across Buckinghamshire
By bringing your energy and enthusiasm to a fun, loving service
By empowering young people to socially engage while having fun.
What you’ll need:
- QCF Level 3 in Children & Young people’s Workforce or ability to complete
- GCSE in English or equivalent
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, supporting and making decisions as required under pressure
- Sound knowledge of disabilities with experience of developing and planning activities for children
- Enthusiasm in creating new ideas for activities and opportunities for the children at the centre of our project.
- Fun, passionate personality for working with children.
- Access to a car with a current driving license, with willingness and ability to work across the whole County.
Please contact Claire Knox for more information on this opportunity.
To apply please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 28 January 2018
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job