About our Organisation:
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
About our exciting Opportunity:
We are looking to recruit a Children’s Residential Support worker to work within our residential children’s home based on the outskirts of Southampton and Fareham. Working as a Children's Residential Support Worker, you will report to an experienced management team whilst mentoring and educating children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This role is offered on a full time/permanent basis, working on a rolling shifts across an alternating shift pattern (6 days on, in a 14 day period - including 1 or 2 sleep ins per week, time outs etc). Normal Days start at 07:30 until 22:00, depending on the needs of the home.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist service:
Garden House will accommodate up to 6 children aged between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment and to ensure we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated, hard-working professionals. As part of this team you will share responsibility for the running of the home supporting young people to develop a range of life skills. You will report to an experienced management team whilst mentoring and educating children and young people who can display challenging behaviour.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to our young people.
- Interacting with the children and young people and managing complex behaviour;
- Key working (positive role modelling and guiding);
- Recording and reporting appropriately using the correct systems to escalate safeguarding concerns.
- Attending training and meetings, including interaction with the wider team.
- Cleaning, cooking, maintaining the home and being involved in lots of exciting adventures and activities such as camping, swimming, climbing, arts and crafts and much more!
- Experience in this field of work is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be provided.
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- You will be passionate about working with children and keeping them safe,
- Have understanding of some therapeutic approaches and understand the importance of being able to make a house feel like a home.
- You should be methodical, reliable and proactive.
- You will need to have the ability to work as part of a team and also independently when required.
- Applicants will need to be motivated with excellent communication skills helping to guide our young people with general life skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to the task and be resilient under pressure.
- Previous experience of working with young people and/or adults with health/social care/educational needs is highly desirable.
- A Level 3 qualification in childcare/social care is a plus, but not essential.
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'