Are you a support worker looking for a fresh opportunity? Would you like to make a difference in the lives of young people with Autism, EBD and learning difficulties? If you would like to take up this exciting challenge then please read on.
Randstad Care is looking to expand its team of ad hoc support workers in the Preston area with enthusiastic, proactive professionals. Our team supply cover to a variety of clients across the North West area, covering short and long term sickness, annual leave and staff shortages. As an agency we can offer diversity of workplace and flexibility to hours to best suit you and your needs.
By joining our team you will have a dedicated consultant to help you through the registration process and to find you work. All you need to take advantage of this great opportunity is to have 6 months paid experience in a residential care environment.
- Free online and practical training courses and refreshers
- Ability to pick up the shifts you want that best suit yourself
- Bank shifts and perm positions on offer
- Weekly pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Accrued holiday pay
- Refer a friend bonus scheme with £300 shopping vouchers (love2shop)
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Providing excellent support for young adults with Autism and learning difficulties
- Building relationships with service users and their families
- Following care plans to help service users reach their goals
- Support with day to day living, personal care included
- Support service users on days out and activities
Ideal candidate would:
- Have worked in a challenging behaviour setting before
- Willing to perform personal care tasks
- Have Autism experience
- Have physical intervention experience
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour
- Have minimum experience of 6 months working in a residential setting
- NVQ level 2 in Health and social care or above would be an advantage (not essential)
- Be fully flexible throughout the week
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity - please don't hesitate to apply online or alternatively call and ask for John.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Children's Residential Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job