KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Childcare Assessor
*We are able to consider applications from qualified Assessors with strong Nursery Management experience who have not yet delivered Apprenticeships in Early Years Childcare*
Location: West and North London with travel to Bedfordshire - Candidates must be flexible with travel (Home / Field based role)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Salary is dependent upon qualifications and if candidates live within the M25 - as this will attract a London Weighting)
Candidates who live outside of the M25 can expect a salary of between: £20,000 - £25,000 (Salary is also dependent upon qualifications)
Package includes: Generous Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + Much More!
Type: Permanent - Full or Part Time Hours Available (min 3 days per week)
- Must hold a Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1, TAQA or CAVA.
- Ideally (but not essential) have previous experience of delivering full Apprenticeships in Early Years Childcare levels 2/3 including Functional Skills to level 2.
- Must hold occupational competency within Early Years Childcare as a Nursery Manager - as a minimum in order to deliver up to L5 (previous assessing experience of Level 5 is not essential).
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners.
- Full, clean driving licence and own vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel and visiting learners outside of the normal 9-5 working hours.
- Assess and support learners through full Apprenticeships in Early Years Childcare levels 2/3/5.
- Deliver full training and support learners through their Functional Skills to level 2
- Visit and observe learners in their place of work, to gather quality evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Plan and deliver effective training and assessment based on individual learner needs.
- Provide constructive and helpful feedback to all learners.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Work to learner review and completion timescales.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.