Child Care Support Officer
As a Child Care Support Officer at Serenity Welfare you will need a passion for nurturing children and young people with the emphasis being on promoting their physical, emotional, and intellectual wellbeing, in addition to helping them with their social development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with children/young people to support them build self-esteem and assist in the development of new techniques to improving their behaviour.
- Coach, mentor and support the child/young person to encourage greater social inclusion.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each child/young person.
- Asses the needs of the child/young person, in consultation with staff at Serenity Welfare and deliver programmes related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying.
- Implementing strategies such as planned daily activities, coordinated treatment interventions, organised recreational and social activities.
- Promote the development of a healthy lifestyle for the child/young person.
- To assist in the provision/preparation of meals in the home.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain up to date knowledge and safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems.
- To adhere to appropriate guidelines and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
Applicants will need to be flexible to work shifts which include weekend, evening and night working. Salary starting at £9 per hour, reviewed after 3 months probation, which will then increease up to £12 per hour.
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
Excellent communication, leadership and administrative skills.
Full UK driving licence.
A passion for working with children.
An Enhanced DBS check.
- Young People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job