Chief Engineer - £40,000 - £45,000 - Coventry
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for a Chief Engineer on behalf of our client a specialist manufacturing business with a turnover of circa £120m with several sites across the UK. The Chief Engineer position is to be based at their site in Coventry.
Key Responsibilities (will include):
- Leading the maintenance team of 5 engineers to improve the site skill base and knowledge.
- Coordinate and provide support with all onsite maintenance activities
- Ensure the production machinery operates to optimum efficiency in terms of up-time, technical quality, general performance, safety and cost-effectiveness
- Develop a team of highly trained maintenance engineers to ensure an efficient maintenance service is delivered to the site.
- Implement and run a Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance system.
- Sharing of best practice and Networking with other Chief Engineers across the company's UK sites to maximise effectiveness of the site team at Coventry.
- Understand the impact of role / performance on internal and external customers and treat it as a priority. Lead team in achieving like requirement
- Liaise with the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to ensure that all activities undertaken comply with Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed
- Reduce equipment breakdown duration (mean time to repair) and reduce the frequency of breakdowns (mean time between failures).
- Lead the completion of the fault finding to determine the root cause of failures and identify sustaining actions to prevent re-occurrence. Lead the completion of BDA and 5Whys as required.
- Reviewing plant and equipment and make recommendations for improvements or spend after considering alternative solutions to any expenditure item.
- Continually track expenditure to ensure understanding of costs and to challenge its need
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum HND in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- Apprentice trained
- Have previously managed a team of engineers operating over shifts effectively.
- Good level of both electrical and mechanical knowledge/skills.
- Good knowledge of current legislation regarding machinery safety, facilities safety and laws pertaining to engineering, e.g. Loler, WAH, CE marking etc.
- Understanding of a WCM approach to engineering.
- Ability to influence others to enable them to understand the benefits of regular servicing, maintaining basic conditions and planned, preventative maintenance.
- Good level of literacy and IT skills is essential for the role.
- Be driven by a culture of continuous improvement
- 40 hours per week (Fixed days)
- £40,000 - £45,000 per year +package
- 20% on the tools
- Leading a team of 5 engineers working 3 shifts covering Sunday night to Friday evening.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job