Are you passionate about food and looking for a fantastic opportunity to become a Chef?
As an Apprentice Chef you will be training under the guidance of one of our very talented Head Chefs working in a busy environment. You will need to be prepared to work hard and demonstrate your passion and flair for food working under our company ethos of Personally Delivering Excellence at all times.
Over the period of your Apprenticeship you will learn traditional basic culinary skills preparing seasonal, fresh, traditional and speciality style menus, whilst working towards an industry recognised qualification.
We have a restaurant which is open to the public, a Starbucks coffee shop and a busy conferencing centre, we also deliver to various outlets within The University of Manchester.
Duties will include
- To assist with preparation of all food and beverages ensuring that the highest standards of ingredients are maintained
- To ensure that correct food and beverages are ready and available at service time
- To ensure that all duties allocated on the cleaning rota are completed and that fridges, freezers and stores are kept in a clean and tidy condition, complying with legislation
- To maintain the highest level of customer contact, keeping complaints to a minimum and ensuring these are dealt with professionally and promptly
- Working in each department to gain hands on experience in a variety of roles, being involved in a number of key areas in our business off-site (chef's academy, functions etc)
The successful candidate
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in a verbal and written format. This is essential in order to fully understand allergy requirements and to complete on site paperwork on a daily basis
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with a willingness to learn
- Demonstrate confidence with a 'can do' attitude
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be both creative and innovative demonstrating current food service trends
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Desire to succeed and want to be the best
- Learn from mistakes and be able to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Good time management
Location - Manchester M13 9XX
Working week: 40 hours per week, Mon - Fri 6:30am - 3pm
Salary: £200.00 Per Week
-We anticipate that this role will lead to a chef role within our business earning circa: £9 per hour
Things to consider
-This role requires the apprentice to be on their feet for 8.5 hours per day.
-The job requires physical exertion, lifting, carrying, bending and stretching
-Mobile phones are not allowed in the workplace (you can use them in your break)
-Safety shoes are mandatory and must be worn at all times whilst on duty.
-Company uniform is mandatory and must be worn at all times when on duty
-No piercings or tattoos on visible areas are permitted whilst on duty
-PLEASE NOTE AN ENHANCED DBS CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST
Servest is an expert in Facilities Management, we offer a stand-alone service, a bundled offering or an integrated facilities management solution. We create environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We currently have more than 23,000 people working at 7,000 client sites. Servest - originally with small beginnings, has grown considerably and continues to do so, making it a very exciting time to join our business. Servest is part of Servest Group Pty, which is based in South Africa, both with the same vision - to deliver a seamless service, and working together as one team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"