Our client, a professional services firm whose common passions are real estate services and investment management, are looking for a Surveyor to join their Affordable Housing team.
The Affordable Housing Valuation team has an immediate need for a Chartered Surveyor. This is a permanent role in an established and financially successful team with a long track record of sustained growth. The position is based in our Birmingham Office.
The Valuation team specialises in advising Registered Providers (RPs), their funders and investors on the value of land being acquired for development; and on the value of existing affordable housing stock of many different types and tenures for loan security, bond issues, balance sheet, asset management and transaction support.
This particular role is focussed on the development side of the team, advising RPs on sites they wish to acquire. This involves giving advice on the value of both affordable and private homes to be developed; and on the value of sites taking into account both development costs and planning considerations.
The Valuation team has been trading successfully for over 20 years and is one of the market leaders in the UK in undertaking specialist valuations of affordable housing and private residential properties of all types and tenures, throughout the country.
The Valuation team works closely with various other teams, including Development, Agency and other Valuation teams in Residential; Commercial Valuation; and Planning.
The person we appoint will be supporting the Director responsible for the development side of the Valuation team. The team currently comprises four people, including another Director and two Graduates. The work is fast-paced and characterised by instructions with quick turnaround times required to enable our clients to secure land in competition with other RPs and private developers. The ability to work and to produce quality advice under pressure is critical.
What this job involves:
- Valuation of affordable housing for loan security, accounts and transaction purposes.
- Portfolio valuations of 50-5,000+ properties with values typically in the £10m-£100m range, but often higher.
- Using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) methodology.
- Based in Birmingham but working for a national client base of housing associations, funders and investors.
- Local team of 6 (with new recruit) but part of larger team of c40.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be or possess:
- Suitably qualified: MRICS with BSC or MSc in Land/Estate Management or similar.
- Valuation expertise, preferably commercial.
- Excellent Excel report-writing and client communication skills.
- Self-motivated and hard working.
- Genuine interest in Affordable Housing.
- Preferably already based in West Midlands.
- Willing to travel – depending on the level role would involve nationwide inspection work.
For more details contact Nick Marlow at Rayner Personnel.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job