Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Teesside University International Study Centre
Salary: £55,000-£60,000 per annum (DOE)
We are seeking a dynamic and strategic leader to fill the position of Centre Director at our prestigious Teesside University International Study Centre (ISC). As the Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the academic landscape by leading, motivating, and managing our academic staff to ensure unparalleled student outcomes and experiences.
Your responsibilities will encompass not only academic and operational management but also maintaining rigorous academic standards, quality assurance, and enhancement. This multifaceted role requires a visionary who can drive efficiency, oversee course approvals, and actively contribute to partnership management with our esteemed university partners.
If you are a seasoned professional with a proven track record in academic leadership within the international education sector, we invite you to join us in fostering growth, innovation, and excellence at our ISC.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Leadership, Management, and Personal Development:
- Lead and motivate academic staff to enhance student outcomes and experience.
- Contribute to the development and communication of strategy and priorities.
- Identify and implement technology-driven improvements to the student journey.
- Conduct effective performance management of direct reports and facilitate continuous professional development.
Academic and Operational Management:
- Lead planning, management, and delivery of all academic programs.
- Oversee allocation of teaching resources within budget constraints.
- Streamline processes to reduce non-value-adding activity.
- Ensure effective recruitment and qualification of academic staff.
- Own and manage the centre budget, fostering internal partnerships with key stakeholders.
Academic Standards, Quality Assurance, and Enhancement:
- Ensure adherence to quality frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Design and implement fair and secure assessment activities.
- Chair relevant governance committees and groups.
- Analyse data to monitor progress towards progression targets.
Course Approval, Changes, and Program Oversight:
- Lead preparation of new courses for validation and approval.
- Propose course changes to relevant committees.
- Maintain deliberative structures for consistent course delivery.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the partner university.
- Facilitate interaction between university staff and ISC academic and student experience staff.
- Act as a key representative in the partnership, leveraging relations for ISC growth.
- Ensure access to key data on student performance at the partner university.
- Play a crucial role in managing Study Group's reputation with the university partner.
- Bachelor’s degree (Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Essential)
- Leadership and management training (Essential)
- Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- Experience teaching in UK higher or further education.
- Experience in leading and facilitating change.
- Experience of working in and leading in digitally enabled environments.
- Ability to lead a diverse team of academic professionals.
- Student-centred approach to planning and delivering educational services.
Study Group is a leading international education provider that is dedicated and passionate about helping students around the world, creating a brighter future and reaching their full potential. With university partnerships and a variety of face-to-face, online, and hybrid study programmes, we are able to provide students with the resources and guidance they need to succeed. Our global network of offices and university partnerships ensure that students receive the best educational services available. Additionally, our Insendi platform enables us to deliver innovative, accessible, and intuitive digital learning experiences with the most advanced digital tools available.
Study Group is proud of its high standards in safeguarding and recognises its importance in enabling the best possible student experience and outcomes. For successful applicants, the following checks will be conducted- Criminal Background Check (country-specific), x2 References, ID and Right to Work checks as well as Education Verification.
- Higher Education
- International Education
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'