Our client is a market leader in food manufacturing, they are currently looking for a Central Buyer to join them on a permanent basis. The position will be to manage procurement resources so that supply costs and exposure across the Group are minimised whilst supplier performance is maximised.
- Understand the requirements of the group, and each business’ specific internal and external customers. Attain expert knowledge for materials and markets which you have been allocated group procurement responsibility, ensuring relevant information is communicated efficiently to all interested parties
- Category Management: Develop robust strategy plans using acquired expert knowledge, accounting for risks and opportunities whilst delivering best value for the Group.
- Supplier Management: Have ownership of relationships with category suppliers. Measure supplier performance and work to address issues should areas for improvement be identified.
- Risk Management: Using a structured risk assessment process, identify potential supply issues and take appropriate action to avoid their occurrence.
- People: Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, support and identify their needs. Influence and encourage alignment with Group strategies.
- Forecasting: Own the forecasting of price movements for allocated categories. Provide considered best estimate forecasts in line with the group timetable
- Technical: Have an appreciation of the principles of technical food risk and at times of risk alerts work closely under the guidance of the Technical function to co-ordinate with suppliers and manage situations with effective urgency.
The successful candidate will have commercial awareness, strong influencing skills, excellent numeracy ability, be a Strong and articulate communicator, sound understanding and experience of the key procurement fundamentals, negotiation experience and the Ability to manage change.
They are looking for Own Label procurement experience and Food industry experience is an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position then please get in touch.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.
- Food Industry
- Articulate Communicator
- Supplier Performance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job