Category Manager - £50,000 + Benefits - Coventry
Right Time Recruitment are looking to appoint a Category Manager for a key role in a dynamic and innovative retailer based in the Midlands (nr Coventry). With continued rapid growth, we are delighted to exclusively partner this retailer in the new position to establish a strong buying mechanism in the business.
This Health conscious group operates an award-winning chain of stores throughout the UK. The business looks for individuals whom are fast-learners, operate in a meticulous manner, work efficiently and enjoy being part of a larger team, working towards the same goal!
We are looking for an individual who has an extraordinary amount of drive and ambition. As Category Manager, you will have a great deal of autonomy and will play a large part in shaping the strategy for the growth and success ahead!
As Category Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for all aspects of buying
- Implement innovative ideas throughout the business, both in-store and out-of-store
- Build supplier relationships, delivering innovative ideas which are of mutual benefit to grow sales in key categories
- Have full responsibility for store product ranges and planograms
- Overseeing orders, ensuring they are within budget
- Set the promotional strategy for all stores, again working with suppliers and Store Managers to deliver strong value to customers and drive sales growth
- Oversee promotional execution across the business
- Meeting KPI targets and reporting tracking at monthly board meetings
- Ensure overall delivery of a wide and diverse range (including seeking local and niche suppliers), consistently strong availability and exceptional value.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience in buying and/or category management from a retail background, though we will consider individuals with significant transferable skills. All candidates must be strong negotiators, be tech-savvy and have strong interpersonal skills. Furthermore, you must be able to do what it takes to get the job done, keeping speed in what will inevitably be a fast-paced role. Most of all, though, you must have a passion for what you do and enjoy doing it
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job