Our client is a leading family ran food manufacturing business, for a number of years they have been a strategic partner with a national retailer and pride themselves on long lasting collaborative relationships. They are a forward-thinking business that are now in need of a passionate category manager to help develop this growing business.
As the Category Manager you will continue to deliver and develop the category strategy along with implementing plans to identify category opportunities.
This role will report directly to the Managing Director, working as part of a very busy cross functional team, You will work collaboratively alongside commercial and development internally and externally.
- Interpretation and analysis of data, reviewing gaps, shelf space, trends, promotional activity etc. to provide ongoing reports
- Provide regular updates and actionable insights to improve sales and drive the category forward including Category range review, evaluation and rationalization
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Development Teams, translating analysis to meaningful insight to the Grocery Retailers
- Present compelling category selling stories and effectively handle objections to shape retailer's category thinking so that they act upon and implement category recommendations
- Understands the key trends and dynamics shaping the Grocery category now & in the future
- Responsible for reviewing the results of commercial initiatives to determine their effectiveness Vs consumer/shopper objectives
- This would be a North West based job, that is office based with some EU travel
- Degree Educated - relevant Marketing degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a category management role, gained in an FMCG business
- Experience of working with a major grocery retailer is essential
- You will demonstrate an excellent understanding of Category Management principles.
- It would be beneficial to have experience of the ranging and space planning process in addition to knowledge and experience data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly at all levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, and presentation skills
- Must hold a Driving License
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'