Category Manager 40 - 50 K
A prestigious organisation has an opening for a Category Manager to join the procurement team in Oxford. Applicants must have experience in procurement and will be required to show evidence of cost savings and negotiating contracts. You will be negotiating face to face with suppliers, conducting meetings and given the opportunity to work unsupervised on specific large scale projects. If you’re a driven individual, looking to work for a world class outfit who will fully support your career and work life balance requirements then please apply ASAP.
Categories include general indirects, IT, FM, Capex, Professional services
(Experience in these specific categories is not required)
£ 40,000 - 48000 basic + 30 days hols, Outstanding Pension, ,Canteen onsite, Career development and promotion of a work / life balance
Please apply online for initial CV screening
Roles and responsibilities:
To develop Purchasing strategies for your category area
- Manage Key stake holders, both internally and externally
- Communicate and seek agreement from your internal customers on the strategy;
- Modify any Purchasing contracts in line with internal customer feedback;
- Implement the agreed Purchasing contracts;
- Manage the acceptance of organisational wide agreements in your category area.
- To build a network within your category:
- Identify key users within departments;
- benchmark activities within your category;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities both internally and externally.
- To identify and report on all Value For Money activities.
- To actively participate in cross-organisational agreements:
- Attend consortium meetings;
- Compile data to assist in cross party projects
- Build a network of contacts within your category area;
- Maximise the adoption of these agreements.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the job.
- Studying towards CIPS or MCIPS
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Able to demonstrate driving value for money/savings in the category.
- Able to demonstrate continuous improvement initiatives with category specific suppliers and internal customers.
- Ability to negotiate complex arrangements with suppliers.
- Able to construct and negotiate on contractual terms.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'