An exciting opportunity to join a market leading manufacturing business who are growing their Purchasing team. This is a genuine opportunity to join a company who are moving forward and who are looking for progressive candidates to join them on this journey.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for the end to end management of your Category.
- Guarantee purchasing performance for the commodity
- Define and lead the best local commodity strategy
- Build Purchasing strategy plan and follow up and monitor the local sourcing action plans
- Optimise working capital needs, decrease the level of Inventories
- Consult, negotiate, select and contract the supplier on every needs of the Commodity
- Rationalise the supplier panel to keep only the best suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a world-class supplier base according to the group’s guidelines and principles
- Participate pro-actively in make-or-buy and outsourcing decisions; Define then implement the local, regional & corporate industrial strategies
- Design and realise comprehensive industrial schemes to develop spend in Low Cost Countries and improve Total Cost Ownership
- Mapping of actual spend (Supplier mapping & supply flows, technology mapping, competition risks, know-how and technology shifts, purchase amount trends, shortage impacts, contracting terms and conditions)
- Drive and monitor the selection process of new suppliers, from identification of potential suppliers, first contacts, to qualification, audits, assessments and contracting and up to the validation process
For interested candidates there is a comprehensive JD available.
- Purchasing knowledge from a Manufacturing/Industrial background
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Process driven - Cradle to grave
- CIPS or working towards - Not essential
What you get in return:
- Salary up to £35,000
- Pension (3&5% or 5&7%)
- 27 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Supply Chain
- Industrial Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'