SF Group are recruiting for a Category Specialist. You will report in to the Purchasing Manager as the Category Buyer. Our client is looking ideally for a category specialist and even better if you are used to raw materials for manufacturing with a bit of regulation complexity around it.
What will you be doing?
- Significant annual expenditure
- Responsible for all spend in given categories
- Carry out detailed spend analysis and produce category reviews together with recommended category strategies
- Look at all methods of reducing spend, including specifications, usage, lifecycles, price and working capital requirements
- Prepare specifications in conjunction with end users and issue tenders as appropriate
- Analyse tenders and award contracts
- Work with existing suppliers to look at new products & methods of working
- Investigate new sources of supply and alternative products
- Develop methods and procedures of working and keep records of these up to date
- Liaise with production and planning teams to provide assistance where supply issues cannot be directly solved
- Review supplier performance and develop action plans with the supplier to improve performance where necessary
- Develop cost saving program for own area and input data in the Budget process
- Liaise and share best practice with other Group companies
- Negotiate with suppliers to deliver cost savings
- Review contract documentation and negotiate amendments where necessary
- Support all UK plants and seek deals that cover all sites to maximise spending power
- Ensure contracts are up to date, pricings correct and resolve invoice queries
- Follow key commodity prices, exchange rates and market changes to ensure all purchases continue to provide best cost solutions
- Be involved in Capital Purchase projects (CAPEX) where relevant
- Provide strategic overview and support for all categories and assist with development work in areas such as Risk, Procedures and Quality
What will you need?
- GCSEs or equivalent in Mathematics and English at Grade C or above
- Degree educated with MCIPS or working towards preferred
- Experience of Category Management Approaches
- Strategic Purchasing experience of 3 years or more
- Analytical ability, with great attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experienced at persuading and influencing at all (especially senior) levels
- Capable of building category plans and implementing a strategy
- Demonstrable track record of delivering extensive bottom line benefits
- Ability to understand complex business issues
- Ability to network and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience of dealing with low cost country suppliers advantageous
- Strong IT skills especially Excel, but also Word, Outlook and PowerPoint or equivalents
- MRP system experience
- Able to travel frequently according to job demands, both nationally and internationally
This is a permanent position paying c£40,000 per annum.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"