Are you a very strong administrator and extremely customer focused, who has had experience dealing with a complex case load ideally in complaints or challenging situations? If the answer is yes please read on.
I am working with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to recruit a number of Permanent Caseworkers.
These really are amazing opportunities and will give you a highly dynamic and fascinating workload.
About the Parliamentary and healthcare Ombudsman
Complaints about government departments and other public organisations are referred to us through MPs, while those about the NHS in England are usually received directly from complainants In 2017-18, we completed 2676 investigations and 146 resolutions about 3192 organisations. We upheld 38% of the complaints we investigated. This means that we found the organisation complained about had made mistakes or provided a poor service, and that this had a negative effect on the person complaining that had not been put right.
When an investigation leads to an upheld complaint, we seek appropriate redress for any un remedied injustice or hardship suffered by the complainant. This may involve an explanation of what went wrong, an apology, changes in procedures to prevent problems recurring and, where appropriate, a payment.
As a caseworker you will be undertaking casework in a timely and proportionate way to our agreed internal and external standards. We are looking for motivated individuals, with excellent customer service skills to join our team. Ideally, you will be highly motivated, be able to successfully manage a varied workload, have excellent analytical skills, the ability to make evidenced-based decisions and show appropriate empathy whilst ensuring that you remain impartial.
Key accountabilities are:
- Manage personal low risk caseload, planning effectively to complete tasks to achieve service standards and personal targets, under supervision
- Gather appropriate information and produce written work that clearly sets out the evidence in a clear and robust way, enabling the manager to reach decisions
- Keep full, accurate and up-to-date records and audit trails on the case management system and on paper casework files.
- Ensure that all cases are progressed promptly and proportionately, and are fully resolved at the earliest opportunity
- To ensure all legislative, regulatory, policy, process, procedures and guidance requirements of PHSO are adhered to and appropriately evidenced to the role’s line manager
- To promote and support the PHSO’s vision and values
Skills & experience:
- Managing a complex caseload/project – ideal but not essential
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused environment demonstrating empathy
- Experience of casework management would be desirable but is not essential
- Negotiating outcomes with others
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Experience of analysing complex written material and identifying and summarising key issues
- An awareness of public administration(central government in particular) or the NHS and the context in which it operates
This really is a great opportunity with and it also offers dynamic working meaning the role is split between home and the office. As a permanent employee you was also have access to their amazing benefits package.
Please apply and we will be in touch with more details.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'