Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Carton Construction Designer.
You will be part of a multi-skilled design department, including Graphic Designers, Marketers and Digital Developers, located within a lively packaging manufacturing site, helping to expand the creative offering of the Company, which currently delivers food packaging solutions to over 60 countries world-wide.
You are a self-starter with a positive 'can do’ spirit who will be able to demonstrate excellent communication, technical, innovation and creative skills in order to advise on and design an ever evolving range of paperboard and combination packaging, primarily for the retail and food service sectors.
As a team player, you will work closely with their experienced Designers, Marketers, UK and Export Internal and External Sales teams and, of course, their clients.
• Confident and accurate computer and data-entry skills - minimum of intermediate level Excel
• Excellent telephone and email correspondence manner
• Calm, organised, helpful and flexible, multi-tasking - a willingness to learn and help others - TEAM PLAYER
• Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure - highly organised administration
• Experience within the food packaging environment would be advantageous but not necessary
On a day-to-day basis the Packaging Designers are responsible for:
• Developing and defining packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike
• Generating concepts using Artios CAD
• Making revisions, additions and improvements to archived designs
• Working in collaboration with the Purchasing, Cut & Crease, Finishing and Die Managers to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities. This requires an understanding, and ability to learn, of the complexities and challenges associated with a busy packaging manufacturing plant
• Producing layouts for estimating and die making
• Creating technical dimensional drawings
• Making samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, using our Kongsberg Folding Carton Samples making table - this is an essential task carried out by the team and can be, at time, due to the number of samples required for transit and shelf life trials, repetitive
• Working with the Purchasing team to identify new materials and components
• Communicating with the Machinery Manager to ensure the Company’s continued evolution of machinery to complement the broad range of heat-seal and Modified Atmosphere Packaging
As well as the day-to-day tasks of 'traditional’ carton making, the Company prides itself on a strong NPD programme and the Creative department is at the very hub of this. As part of the Creative team, you would need to demonstrate a strong and genuine interest, as well as a creative flair, for packaging and its associated markets. Working with the Marketing team to develop innovative and unique products that reflect emerging food and eating trends from around the world.
- Food Packaging
- paperboard design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'