At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never 'just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?It's not just a job, it's a life experience. Join us and help us change lives.
We are looking to expand our team of dedicated Care Support Workers at our services in Tewkesbury. We currently have a variety of part time contracts available for those who are looking to make a real change to the lives of the people we support.
All shifts will be on rota basis with shifts spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons and evenings which may include sleeping in (Payment for sleep-ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
We have two services in Tewkesbury, one Supported Living and one Registered service - in which we support twelve individuals in total. Our Supported Living service in particular is quite an independent service and so there’s a real focus on encouraging the people we support to do their own thing.
You will providing care and support through a number of different ways, be it through supporting them in daily life with things like finances, personal care, cooking tasty meals or with more general support such as going to new places and meeting new people. Aside from day to day care and support, you will also need to support these individuals with their hobbies. This might be anything from listening to music, going to the pantomime and making cakes - Could you be our Paul Hollywood?
We are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference and enable the people we support to enjoy the things they want to do. To be a support worker, all you’ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Health Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'