Avocet Staffing are looking to recruit an experience Care Manager for our client on the Outskirts of Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Description of the Unit:
The unit is a small, supported living centre for people diagnosed with autism and/or learning disabilities. The unit, which was opened in January 2020, has a maximum capacity of 6 service users but currently only houses 5 people aged between 17 and 29 and was opened. There are currently 2 staff on sleep-in shift overnight. The unit has its own day centre which is currently under construction and aimed at adding quality to the service provision for the people supported. We are looking for a strong manager, who leads by example, and can be a great motivator and support to their team as well as being an advocate for the people within our care. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and passionate care manager who can bring new ideas in adapting their proven skills to leading this new unit onto greater heights.
My client looking for someone with a strong leadership character. Successful applicant would have a genuine care for the service users and possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrable passion for the role, enthusiasm and focus on achieving the best outcomes for people within our care through the delivery of person-centred individualised care
- A proven and checkable record working as a manager in a service setting that supports people with learning disabilities or mental health conditions
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Planning and organisation skills
- An excellent knowledge of the Social Care Act and demonstrable ability to lead a service that achieves and maintains an excellent CQC compliant standard
- A can-do attitude and ability to lead by example
- Flexibility to meet service demands
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Knowledge of benefits application, housing and financing
- A driver with own vehicle and willing to use this for business related travels
- Qualified to NVQ level 4 or 5 in health and social care management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take on a visible leadership role
- Organise and coordinate staff meetings and deliver induction/training to new or existing staff if required
- Attend service-user/service focused meetings
- Coordinate tenant’s meetings as required.
- Ensure and maintain service compliance with CQC standards, knowledgeable and confident about the inspection process
- Attend to CQC inspectors during visits
- Ensure the delivery of quality, person-centred care
- Manage safeguarding issues and incidents within the setting in accordance with company policy and good practice within the sector
- Ensure any regulatory activity, such as personal care and administering medicines, is delivered within regulations
- Manage budgets and the financial effectiveness of the setting
- Maintain quality standards and ensure health and safety compliance
- Provide information, advice and support to residents' families
- Organise activities for residents and actively promote their independence.
- Manage and support a staff team to ensure a high level of productivity and achievement of full potential of each member of staff
- Ensure the regular supervision and appraisal of all staff
- Ensure that service users’ care and support plans are comprehensive and updated to fully reflect the changing needs of people within our care
- Develop robust risk assessments for each service user which ensure safety and compliance with organisational focus of quality at all times
- Liaise with social services, commissioners, families and other stakeholders to ensure improved communication and quality of service provision
- Manage and participate in the on-call function for support and emergency leadership. This may require some weekend duty.
- Recruit, interview and train new/existing care staff as required
- Manage the vacancies in the setting and develop plans for filling these vacancies. This may necessitate maintaining a good relationship with other services, social services and continuous provision of information on vacancies in the service
- Flexibility to take on additional roles in accordance with organisational requirements
- Report to the director of service and support with ongoing development of the setting
Pay & benefits
- Merit-based competitive pay progression
- Continuous training and development based on existing qualification
- Paid annual leave
- Enrolment in pension scheme
- Paid client referral scheme
- UK business mileage/travel expenses
- Comprehensive induction and shadow training with the Director of service.
- Training opportunities
- Regular programme of informative webinars
- Development opportunities based on experience, skills, training and qualifications
Qualification: NVQ Level 4 minimum
Experience: 2 years minimum in a similar role within learning disability care sector
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 pa
Avocet Staffing are working as a recruitment company on behalf of our client. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion
- Learning Disabilities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'