Byron House Care Home is a 28 bedded Care Home caring for elderly residents with a variety of nursing needs, including nursing care, dementia care, continuing care, respite care and palliative care. It is a new, purpose built care home that combines excellent facilities, traditional and stylish decor and a team of people who are passionate about care. We are conveniently located on the Wendover Road (access off Spenser Road), within a mile of Aylesbury town centre in Buckinghamshire.
We are currently recruiting for a Care Home Administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the administration of the Home runs smoothly and effectively; assisting the Home Manager in all such aspects. This role will have a strong focus on HR administration; some HR experience is an advantage. There is also an element of Finance administration.
At Westgate, we know our success depends not just on the happiness of our residents, but the happiness of our teams. That means two things: making work a positive, enjoyable place, and encouraging big ideas and ambition. We’ll listen to your ideas, celebrate your achievements, and keep you in the loop. We’ll build your confidence, identify your strengths and back you if you want to aim high.
Of course, the work can be challenging, both physically and emotionally. But as well as the personal relationships you’ll develop with our team and our residents, we offer a supportive working environment, training towards recognised industry qualifications, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO):
- Assist the Home Manager with all aspects of recruitment, including advertising and arranging interviews
- Prepare and maintain all starter and leaver paperwork, including references and DBS checks, induction and training documentation
- Set up and maintain an efficient and tidy filing system for all Home related paperwork as well as staff personnel files and computerised/database systems
- Assist the Home Manager to ensure all necessary records are maintained and are up to date, ensuring there is an audit trail
- To provide secretarial support to the Home by typing all correspondence, minutes, memos and other documentation, answering letters and arranging appointments on behalf of the Home Manager
- Right to work in the UK
- Have experience and knowledge of office administration and procedures, ideally including HR administration within an office care home setting
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills
- Be organised and confident in maintaining filing systems
- Be discreet and work in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Be educated up to at least GCSE level
- Have experience of working with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience of working within a team
- Administrative Duties
- Health Care
- Human Resources
- Social Care