Live in Care
£23,000 - £28,000 DOE, plus company benefits
Full time - Monday - Friday - permanent
Are you a Care Co-ordinator who is looking for a new challenge?
Do you like the sound of working Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm with a leading, live in Care Company?
We need to hear from you!!!!
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Care Co-ordinator, working for a company, who are a leading provider of live in care services.
Our client provides support to individuals, mainly in their own homes within the community, across a number of specialisms such as dementia care, spinal injuries, elderly care, acquired brain injury etc. They have a team of Nurse Case Managers and Care Co-ordinators who co-ordinate care packages, which are tailored to individual clients and a team of highly trained carers who provide the hands on care.
What sets this company apart from others it that it is a family-run business and all employees are involved in the direction of the business. You will find that the office has a lovely, family atmosphere where autonomy is promoted, and success is rewarded!
The CEO who founded the company is extremely passionate about delivering an outstanding service to their clients, they have a hands-on role in the business and continuously look for employees who share the same passion and values.
As a Care Co-ordinator, you will report directly into the Manager for the team. The team consist of approx 8 individuals, which consist of nurse case managers / care -co-ordinators and 2 administrators. You will be required to work independently, managing your own caseload of clients within your geographical area, assessing new clients and agreeing care packages, whilst also reviewing existing care packages.
A driver’s licence is essential as well as own car, if not entering into salary sacrifice car scheme.
You will be required to take part in the on call service, which is part of a team rota.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the care team and Manager of the Care team
- Ensure a positive experience for all clients and family members
- Matching experienced and qualified carers with clients, based on clients needs and carers experience
- Negotiate fees and rates for new clients in line with Company policy and procedures, always seeking approval from the Care Manager or Director prior to agreement with the client
- Ensure that all clients have up to date personal care plans that are accessible to the whole team and provide the standard of care expected of the company
- Review care plans on a regular basis
- Report changes observed or information communicated regarding a client to the Care Manager, whether physical, emotional, social or spiritual
- Supervise and manage a team of carers within a geographically defined area
- Contribute to the protection of vulnerable adults from abuse.
- Recommend, plan, and procure safe and appropriate complex specialist care packages based on individuals needs
- Carry out home visits to clients in line with Company policy and procedure
- Undertake care work in an emergency situation
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and have a "can-do" approach about all aspects of the job
- Participate in providing care when in non-emergency situations
- Cover the out of hours telephone on rotation with the team
- Act as cover in other teams if needed and as directed
- Perform any other duties as reasonably required
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of working as a Care Co-ordinator
- Hold your level 5 qualification, or equivalent, OR be studying towards this qualification
- Experience of working within a care team in the social care sector
- Demonstrate excellent levels of literacy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Good-working knowledge of local policies that apply to nursing, health and social care
- Knowledge of adult protection and other policies that affect vulnerable and chronically sick people
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with families and other agencies to procure care packages
Look at some of the fantastic company benefits our client offers:
- Competitive basic salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional 2 weeks leave given at Christmas
- Free on-site parking
- 4 duvet days
- Healthcare cash plan
- Reduced Christmas working hours
- Early Friday finish
- Access to company Perkbox
If you are interested in taking up a new job as a Care Co-ordinator, please email your cv immediately quoting MB - Care Co-ordinator - HERTS and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.
- Care Plans
- Home Care
- Home Visits