As a Care Assistant for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, you will make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people.
Fixed term until 31 August 2018 in the first instance
Full time - 37½ and 35 hours
Part time - 30 hours
Red Lodge has been developed to enable older people to maintain their independence and combines self-contained apartments with the availability of flexible support.
Lamel Beeches is a high quality registered care home that offers a relaxed, safe and welcoming place to live. Our person-centred approach relies on you developing and maintaining positive relationships with our residents and always treating people with compassion, dignity and respect.
No two days are the same but you will be involved in:
• Helping residents get washed and dressed
• Supporting residents to eat and drink
• Being responsible for care plans to ensure residents’ needs are met
• Ensuring a thorough handover with colleagues between shifts
• Working with relatives, friends and other agencies
• Keeping yourself up to date with mandatory training.
Ideally you will have:
• Some experience of providing care and support either in a care setting or from personal experience (e.g. looking after family members etc)
• Good written skills
• The ability to communicate and build rapport
• Flexibility and a 'can do’ approach.
In return we offer a living wage along with a fabulous range of benefits as well as a programme of training and development which includes nationally recognised qualifications and an opportunity to progress your social care career.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent organisation working to inspire social change through research, policy and practice. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Closing date: Sunday 25 March 2018
Interviews will take place after Easter.
At JRF/JRHT we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job