Purpose of the post:
To provide a needs-led, person centred service. Working with the service user to promote independence whilst meeting person care needs, in such a way to achieve: respect, dignity, choice and participation.
What we can offer you:
- Join a great team working for a highly respected organisation
- Fully paid induction training
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Flexible working patterns
- Care certificate & QCF qualifications available
- Mileage paid dependant on area and travel requirements
- Holiday Pay accrued every hour you work
- Full and Part Time Hours with flexible shifts to suit you
- To assist service users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
- To assist service users with mobility problems.
- To assist service users who have physical disabilities.
- To assist in the care and use of aids and personal equipment.
- Offer stimulation and motivation, through conversation, reading, writing, hobbies and recreation.
- Support and assist where necessary in the provision of meals, including cooking, serving and washing utensils.
- To support and assist service users with the upkeep of their physical environment, including laundering, making bed, changing bed linen, tidying rooms and light cleaning duties.
- To read and complete report sheets.
- Contribute to the review and care planning system through day to day acknowledgement of service users in order to provide accurate information for individuals care needs.
Caring for people is a valuable job which requires forethought, concentration, sensitivity and compassion.
The post is designed to enable service users to have the opportunity to live in their own homes, as tenants (or otherwise), and be fully supported in the areas of personal and social care according to assessed needs. The job involves visits to service users’ homes. These visits are organised in to "rounds", therefore an element of travelling is required. Visits are typically for 30 to 60 minutes, although there are some longer assignments.
The job will involve meeting the requirements of the National Care Standards. Therefore attending an on-going training programme, supervision and annual appraisals are necessary.
The work will involve face to face contact with relatives and other involved parties, such as social services, CPNs and district nurses.
A CRB Disclosure will be requested in the event of a successful application. Having a criminal conviction may not necessarily bar an applicant from obtaining a position.
The position involves minimal lifting particularly with service users with restricted mobility. In order to be able to work in a safe way, Carers must:
- be physically fit in order to perform the appropriate Moving and Handling tasks without risk to the service user, themselves or other carers
- must have full mobility
- Health Care
- Home Care
- Personal Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job