Do you want to be part of a successful expanding team with a company that values your professional worth? We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Healthcare Assistants (HCA) working full or part time hours in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes throughout the Southport and Merseyside region. We are currently looking to recruit staff who can complete shifts in Wirral and the surrounding areas.The Care Assistant Role:
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan. You will play an essential role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for. This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
If you share our values of protecting dignity, promoting well-being and working in a person-centred manner at all times, this could be the job for you.
Due to the location of our clients, access to your own transport is preferable.Perks of Joining Newcross
- Salary of up to £11.53/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for some clients
- DBS check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Nursing agency Newcross Healthcare Liverpool is based at Queen Insurance Buildings on Queen Avenue in the city centre.
One of our longest standing branches, Liverpool branch has been providing agency jobs for registered nurses, care assistants and support workers in the local area for several years. We're different from an agency because we offer all our employees a permanent contract of employment with benefits including free training and free uniform (earned as you work).Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
If you have an NVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- senior care assistant
- north west
- care agency