Do you want to be part of a successful expanding team with a company that values your professional worth? We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Healthcare Assistants (HCA) working full or part time hours in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes throughout the Southport and Merseyside region. We currently have shifts in Birkenhead, Halewood and Widness.
Take advantage of flexible, agency-style working that fits around your needs but gives you all the benefits of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free ongoing training (earned as you work).The Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be expected to provide care and attention to our clients in their homes or residential settings. As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for. This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
If you share our values of protecting dignity, promoting well-being and working in a person-centred manner at all times, this could be the job for you.
Due to the location of our clients, access to your own transport or a willingness to travel is preferable.Benefits
- Salary of up to £11.53/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for some clients
- DBS check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Person Specification
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
If you have an NVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job