REED Education Milton Keynes/Northampton are currently working in partnership with an SEN School to recruit a number of Care Support Workers for a variety of shift patterns.
The shift patterns will alternate on a 5 week rota, 0730-1430 and 1400-2200 with 1 in 2 weekends and opportunities to do some night shifts.
Are you currently working in a care setting and looking to make the move in to education? There is no personal care involved just lots of personality required!
You will be working with student aged 9-19 years with special educational needs. They require daily support in attending their lessons and supporting their emotional well-being. Along with support in living independently, for some students this is on site.
And NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable and experience of working with vulnerable adults or children. Any background in a residential care setting would be advantageous along with the ability to use computers and take notes. Personal experience of caring for someone you know, or voluntary work with an organisation that supports vulnerable people is also relevant
• the ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity
• the ability to remain calm under pressure
• to respond to behaviours that challenge, whilst promoting and protecting positive relationships
• NVQ Level 2/3 Health & Social Care
• GSCE or equivalent Maths & English
• IT Literate
• Experience of working with Autism, Asperger’s or SEMH
• Team TEACH or MAPPA
• Experience of working with vulnerable adults or children
• getting to know students and their interests and needs
• food preparation, feeding and giving out medication
• carrying out general tasks like housework, laundry and shopping
• giving emotional and practical support to children and young people
• working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
• helping to organise leisure activities
• going with students to and from a residential home
Salary up to £15,000 - £23,000 per annum
The school will welcome you to a well-established supportive team and offer opportunities to develop both your career and qualifications.
If you feel you have the skills and experience please send us your CV today, all candidates will be subject to relevant DBS and reference checks for Education.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job