Are you a care assistant who is passionate about the needs of vulnerable service users?
-The company -
A high quality supported living care service are seeking great support workers who are equipped with the right ethics and values to work within our services. Supporting service users in their Supported living home with a wide range of learning difficulties such as Autism, mental health, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour and complex needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supporting vulnerable service users gain their independence
- Supporting service users with every part of their daily lives - Cooking, cleaning, visits to the shops etc
- Working with social services and GP’s arranging and attending check ups
- Managing some challenging behaviours
- Working with residents with learning disability, autism and some challenging behaviour
- Maintaining a high standard of support, focusing on the service-users’ well-being
- Arranging days out for service users, encouraging them to be as productive as possible
what we require from applicants:
- Flexibility and Reliability
- Passionate about the CARE of vulnerable people with various mental health, Learning difficulties, Autistic backgrounds or Non verbal disabilities.
- Willing to grow and develop yourself with the help of our National Training Manager and Training officer
- Physically fit, will be required to support service users with long walks, swimming, tennis, squash and so on.
- Flexible and willing to do 1 or 2 sleep ins per week on top of their contracted hours (will honour every other weekend off).
- Happy to do a range of shifts that include Early’s, late’s and long days (up to 14 hours per day)
- Have some experience in supporting service users whom have a Learning disability, autism & display challenging behaviours
What we Offer
- Awesome Training and development plans across the UK
- Immediate Start
Salary and Working hours
- Full time shifts
- Between £7.83
- Sleep ins (£71.25)
- 3-5 days a week
- 7am-2:30pm or 2:30pm - 10pm
- Part time or Full time available depending on your availability
- Mental Health