Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
Nightingale is a specialist residential home for up to 12 adults, set up in order to extend our provision beyond school age. Its emphasis is on developing life, vocational and intellectual skills that will support a successful transition into adult life. Our philosophy and approach is centred on meeting specific individual needs using non aversive positive intervention. A purposeful and calm atmosphere is encouraged through the consistency of approach adopted by all staff. Accommodation has been carefully designed to meet the needs of our young people.Nightingale is a two six-bed service which provides separate accommodation
for males and females. Residents enjoy a communal area downstairs, the rear garden and also benefit from a sensory room and activity room.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
• Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard residents
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Free uniform
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free meals on duty.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job