We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Southwood House, Doddington Road, Wellingborough
£8.03 per hour (rising to £8.28 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
24 hours per week
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs
We are seeking a Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Southwood House is a home for 14 adults with physical disabilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Click here to find out more about Southwood House
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Providing a high quality person centred care and support service in line with client and organisational needs
- Delivering expert support to clients including the sensitive delivery of personal care
- Driving and promoting resident integration and inclusion into the community as well as empowering them to lead fulfilling lives
- Promoting safe practices, undertaking risk assessments and managing the implementation of safeguarding principles to ensure client safety
Skills and experiences:
- Person-centred approach with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
To view the job profile for this position, please click here
Closing Date: 28 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job