Our Client is a Central London progressive Housing Association, they are currently looking for an experienced Capital Accountant to join their busy team. CLOSING DATE 15TH FEB 2018 APPLY NOW
As a Capital Accountant you will oversee and be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive capital accounting function for financial performance and reporting on projects, project cash flow and capital accounting record keeping moving from Work in Progress (WIP) to Completed Fixed Assets, as well as administering and maintaining all our property assets and components in the Fixed Asset Register. You will work collaboratively across the organisation and consider value for money implications of actions and decisions. In addition, you will seek continuous improvement in work practices and service delivery as well as lead, motivate and inspire staff to develop a culture of excellence.
This is a demanding role therefore resilience and the ability to work under pressure is key.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Part qualified accountant or working towards qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Knowledge of year end processes, accounting for fixed assets and Work in Progress, Capital commitments and Overheads
- Knowledge of Capital Accounting, Fixed Asset reporting and Statutory Accounting reporting of Fixed Assets
- Experience of undertaking complex balance sheet or other general ledger account reconciliations, and resolving outstanding items on reconciliation
- System skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel at advanced level, other Office products, Sun Accounts and Project Management Software
- Experience of leading and managing a small team
- Fixed Assets
- Statutory Accounting
- Housing Associations
- Work in Progress
- Capital Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job