Campus Officer & CCTV Operator - Redhill
Our client is seeking a Campus Officer & CCTV Operator to join their team. You must have previous experience of working within a further education environment orthe police or military. You should also possess a DBS.
- Be part of our client's Facilities team, working to enforce a safe, orderly culture within a caring, disciplined and supportive environment
- Be part of our Client's Facilities team promoting a disciplined and orderly culture among the students, using clear and concise communication and being part of a team to ensure the creation of a safe, diverse, caring, disciplined and supportive environment.
- Provide a visible presence and vigilance that supports students, staff and visitor safeguarding and welfare.
- Maintain high visibility, perform routine patrols of the buildings and grounds
- Be available at College entrances at key times of the day as directed, to welcome students in and out of the College as well as being present to support the Duty Manager at lunchtimes.
- To prevent unauthorised access into the building by completing a 100% ID check.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students by building a strong, approachable and professional rapport, in order to identify key issues relevant to them and then refer to the appropriate College services for support as required.
- Direct, encourage, motivate and support students who may present challenging behaviours, to ensure a responsive, focussed and respectful environment, which has a positive effect on student behaviour, engagement and attendance.
- Assist all staff ensure compliance of the student disciplinary process and manage all incidents which occur on College premises, in conjunction with the Premises Supervisor and Head of Facilities contacting external services for support if deemed a requirement (eg Police, Ambulance, Fire).
- Ensure timely reporting of any incidents quickly and accurately as per College process.
- Work in ways which promote equality of opportunity, participation and responsibility with young people to safeguard their welfare, taking positive actions to safeguard them and following related policies and procedures including safeguarding including Prevent.
- Represent the College in a professional manner, with the requirement to wear a uniform provided by the College which will be your own responsibility to keep in a clean and tidy condition.
- Provide cover, where required, to the Facilities team.
- Represent the College as a Fire Warden and First Aider.
- Carry out relevant day to day administration as directed by the Premises Supervisor or Head of Estates (College Group) in support of the smooth running of the campus service and dealing with communication as required (face to face, telephone, web-based and written correspondence).
- Operational responsibility of the CCTV to ensure the efficient working of the control room.
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation and the codes of practice and in-line with the site Assignment Instructions (AI’s)
- Ensure that the control room and all equipment is maintained satisfactorily at all times by ensuring cameras are checked regularly and faults are reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure the accurate recording of all events and actions monitored from within the control room. Including the maintenance of daily logs.
- Ensure ESC Code of Practice is followed at all times.
- Maintain close links with the Community Police Support Officer as directed through the Head of Estates and Premises Supervisor in order to communicate relevant information / intelligence.
- To ensure any complaints in the first instance are referred to the appropriate member of the management team and if concerning any local residential issues, then this must be directed to the Premises Supervisor copying in the Head of Estates
- Valuing Equality and Diversity
- Working with People; Team Working, Communication
- Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
- Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
- Self Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
This role is on a temporary basis. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. term time only
Renato Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business for this role.
- Educational Organisation
- College Security
- Campus Officer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'