Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500 per annum
Cabinet Support provide a flexible and agile service to senior leaders and Cabinet Members, enabling them to achieve strategic goals.
The Cabinet Assistant provides efficient administration services to Cabinet Members, including effective diary and inbox management as agreed. Preparation of correspondence, arranging events and supporting key meetings will be key accountabilities of the role. .
The role requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with internal / external stakeholders at a senior level, including leadership teams. With experience of working within a business support environment and delivering a complete range of administrative tasks, including meeting support, diary management and tracking progress against agreed actions. A knowledge and understanding of the operations of political environments is desirable.
* Work closely with Cabinet Members, Policy Advisors and support colleagues to deliver a professional, support service to enhance the effectiveness of cabinet.
* Responsible for proactive management of Cabinet Member diaries including horizon scanning, ensuring appropriate use of time, provision of meeting materials, arranging suitable venues and equipment and booking travel if required.
* Responsible for management of Cabinet Member's emails, post and calls, gatekeeping, prioritising items for attention, according to sensitivity, confidentiality and contention. Using professional judgement and working knowledge to resolve issues where appropriate.
* Collaborating with the policy advisor on the preparation and distribution of documentation and ensuring outcomes / decisions are communicated and actioned
* To monitor developments and coverage in the local media relating to the Cabinet member's portfolio and ensure that these are brought to the Cabinet Member's attention
* Provides a range of meeting support services including documentation preparation and circulation, minute taking where business critical.
* Responsible for managing correspondence, data and confidential information appropriately; including quality assurance of responses and delegated authority for sign off. Collating, distributing and electronic filing of political and sensitive information in line with policy and procedures.
* Contributes to the effective management of the Complaints process.
* Responsible for managing the transition and publication of Cabinet Member Actions (CMA), Key Decisions, Virements and Cabinet reports as directed by the constitution, enabling review by the Policy and Strategy Advisor.
* Specific individual, shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Educated to level 3 (A Level) in a related field such as business management or politics, or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and good knowledge in relevant professional area / portfolio
* Experience of working under pressure within a business support environment, with a proven track record of delivering personal and meeting support, including prioritising competing demands, is essential.
* Deep knowledge and understanding of managing information and data record systems, with good analytical and research skills.
* Experience and confidence in interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders (at various levels of seniority), internally and externally, in a complex business setting, understanding of political environments is desirable.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to translate information/data in a clear way, to a wide range of audiences.
* Ability to deliver organisational and cultural change, which leads to continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits)
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Full time
- Cabinet Assistant. ECC
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job