C4ISR Analyst / Consultant
Our client is a successful professional services and technology partner to global defence, space and intelligence and communications programmes. As a C4ISR Analyst / Consultant you will be providing the evidence to help the UK MOD and industry to make better decisions. This may be thought-leadership on innovative research to develop new concepts and approaches, working in customer teams to support procurement decisions with analytical thinking and outcomes, modelling of operational performance and sustainment, historical analysis to support learning lessons from previous operations, or leading workshops with customers and Subject Matter Experts to improve policies and planning processes.
Experience required re role of C4ISR Analyst / Consultant:
The company’s recent successes within UK MOD mean that the Operational Analysis team are looking for consultants with a range of levels of experience. In particular, they are looking for people with C4ISR domain experience, either from DE&S, ISS, Dstl, Head Office or one of the Frontline Commands, who have provided advice to decision makers, or have developed models or methods to inform capability or policy-based decisions. They are interested in people who engage customers technically and personally and are able to develop and use a variety of analytical tools and techniques. In addition, they need people who work to improve themselves and others, and have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude.
Responsibilities for role of C4ISR Analyst will include :
- Delivering technical consulting projects, primarily within the C4ISR domain.
- Identifying and winning work within the Defence sector.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Using and developing problem structuring methods and a variety of tools and techniques, including novel approaches where required.
- Working organically in customer teams to deliver rapid turn-around analysis, or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks.
- Analysis to support business decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both 'soft’ and 'hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling). Structuring information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- C4ISR domain experience from within UK MOD (either from DE&S, ISS, Dstl, Head Office or one of the Frontline Commands), with an understanding of the challenges that the UK MOD faces in this area. Knowledge of one or more of the following: Command and Control, Communications, Information Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance or Space.
- Development and use of analytical methods and models.
- Building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Supporting and leading authoring of technical reports and presenting to customers. Reporting appropriately for the audience: summarising complex information for high-level stakeholders and writing detailed reports to transfer knowledge and context with the customer.
- Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Process and conceptual mapping (e.g. influence diagrams),
- Statistical analysis,
- Simulation (System Dynamics or Discrete Event Simulation),
- Designing and facilitating workshops,
- Historical Analysis,
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL, R, Python),
- Cost analysis/estimation,
- Portfolio, programme and project management (schedule and risk analysis, benefits realization, evidence management).
- Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from main sites for periods of time.
Our client is looking for a range of experience:
- Consultants: 1.5+ years’ experience, including delivering qualitative and/or quantitative analysis;
- Senior Consultants: 5+ years’ experience, including delivering business analysis programmes, delivering innovative approaches, and / or winning work; and
- Principal Consultants: 8+ years’ experience, with extensive experience of leading business analysis, leading teams, developing and sharing skills, delivering innovative approaches and / or winning work.
For more Senior positions, they expect some experience in the following:
- Identifying and bidding for future work, with the ability to develop a business development campaign.
- Leading diverse analytical teams of in-house and external experts and advising other consultants and supporting when required on projects.
- Understanding of the military operational environment and MOD management structures.
- Strong knowledge of MOD approvals, the MOD acquisition cycle and Defence Lines of Development.
C4ISR Analyst / Consultant
Salary - £35K-£60K
Location - Bristol
- Operational Analysis
- War Gaming
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'