Modis are urgently recruiting for a C&I / Software Engineer, who has the ability to gain SC level security clearance, for an exciting organisation based in Dorset working on Nuclear projects.
Role: C&I / Software Engineer
Rate: flexible - open pay rate
Duration: 5 months initially (likely to extend)
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Must have the ability to gain SC level
The client is an established leader in the design, manufacture, supply, support, lifetime extension and decommissioning of C&I systems for the worldwide nuclear industry. Their specialist areas relate to safety systems and include Reactor protection and control, Neutron flux detection, specialist cables and nucleonics and radiation detection instrumentation.
The C&I / Software Engineer will be responsible for the designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes to meet the required spec and quality laid down by the customer.
- Conversant with software, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines
- Requirement analysis / capture (eg DOORS)
- Experience in designing Electro-mechanical control systems
- Ability to produce and critically review mechanical and electrical drawings
- Software architecture design / modelling - eg enterprise architect / UML / Visio
- PLC software design and programming
- HMI / SCADA design experience
- Siemens PLC / HMI equipment & software experience
- NI Labview experience
If this role is of interest, please contact Matthew Gibbs at Modis (Bristol office) by submitting an application. We will always contact you prior to submitting a formal application to the client to discuss the role in more detail. Alternatively, please call .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job