Buying Manager, near Warrington, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Buying Manager role on behalf of our food manufacturer based near Warrington.
Main Purpose of role:
- To manage the selection of suppliers to source products from in agreed product area
- To negotiate cost prices, over riders, payment terms and contract lengths
- To ensure acceptable contracts are agreed and signed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for specific ranges of goods and services as required.
- Annual Spend is approx. £15m
- To maintain the price file on SAP for all suppliers for the above product groups as required
- To organise and facilitate e-auctions and tenders as required
- To manage the NPD Process for all liquid and closures components
- To be the company liaison with wine standards and trading standards
- Production buying background and a proven track record within a FMCG operation, ideally in the alcoholic drinks industry
- Ideally from a liquid or ingredient/flavouring background
- Must have a good working knowledge of SAP and be computer literate
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results
- Excellent problem solving, continuous improvement skills, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Salary: circa £40,000 - £45,000 +benefits
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement
This role may be of interest to the following: Buying Manager, Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Planning Manager, Production Planner, Stock Controller, Production Manufacturing, Liverpool, Chester, Crewe, Warrington, Manchester.
- Purchasing Manager
- Buying Assistant
- Purchase Manager
- Buying Manager
- Procurement Buyer Planning Stock Manager Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"