The role of Buying Manager is to develop and deliver the divisional plan through the leadership of a team and engagement of Merchandising counterparts and the broader business, delivering market leading ranges and prices while beating sales and margin targets.
Our Client is a well known multichannel retailer based in Yorkshire looking to appoint a Buying Controller into their head office team.
What the role looks like:
- Developing Clear Range and Buy Plans for the outdoor areas which are signed off by HOB, CD and MD
- Contributing to development of budgets for all relevant departments
- Developing and delivering a compelling promotional offer that drives LFL and Web performance and delights customers
- Development and execution of a robust Buy For Less Plan including maximisation of commercial terms and marketing income
- Management of suppliers to deliver improved terms and marketing support to drive best prices and promotions for customers and beat margin budgets; whilst ensuring suppliers deliver operationally in terms of availability, stock holding and support for stores
- Working closely with the relevant Merchandise Manager to ensure alignment across buying and merchandising teams
- Leading, coaching and developing the team
- Engagement of other functions in the company to gain their Buy In and Support to drive the divisional objectives
- Closely monitoring competition to ensure price and promotion competitiveness and keeping abreast of range developments
- Working closely with the merchandising team to ensure delivery of stock and availability KPIs
- Ensuring that the team adheres to agreed promotional and range processes and deadlines
- Developing Clear Sourcing Plans for all areas
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Proven experience at Senior Buyer/ Buying Manager level in a Retail environment
- Experience within Outdoor Equipment/ Fashion buying.
- You will have a high level of range planning and range building skills as well as Overseas sourcing experience.
- Track record of managing a team and driving category performance.
Competitive salary and benefits.