Our people make all the difference.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our fashion buying team! Our Buying Teams are responsible for identifying and developing commercial, distinctive and stylish fashion ranges every season for our customer.
Working on a specific product area, you will gain hands on experience with essential knowledge that will help kick start your Buying career! Reporting to the Buyer, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Buying Team
- Manage the critical path and ensure key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the team
- Process orders
- Maintain the sample library and ensure sample room is organised and tidy at all times
- Produce and maintain accurate ledger cards
- Work closely with the Merchandising Team
- Build strong relationships with Suppliers, Press, E-Commerce etc
- Conduct regular competitive shops to develop your knowledge and report findings back to team
- Prepare range rails for meetings
- Prepare and maintain all paperwork and products for fit meetings
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Previous retail experience
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
- Personal level of ambition to developing a career within buying
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments
- Excellent communication and networking skills at all levels
- Love the brand as much as we do!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job