Buyer-6 month Fixed term contract
This role will be responsible for the purchasing of raw ingredients used for the production of chilled and ambient food. The Purchasing team is split by commodities, and the successful Candidate will take ownership over the given commodity and create and develop relationships with key suppliers.
Our Client manufactures high quality Chilled and Ambient food products for the food service sector. The company has enjoyed steady growth and it's now become crucial to support that growth with additional heads within the Supply Chain.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Create and develop relationships with key suppliers
- Ensure ingredients are readily available for production, paying close attention to lead times and shelf life
- Drive cost down practice in line with the wider business
- Work with the purchasing team to highlight any process improvements
- Stay abreast of market trends to maximise savings
- Raise purchase orders
The successful Candidate will posses;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable background in negotiation
- Ability to develop relationships internally and externally
- High attention to detail
- High proficiency with Office suite
Up to 35k depending on experience
- Demonstrable background in purchasing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"