We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Provide high level administrative, coordination, and analytical support to the contract and performance process, bringing together data and information to enable the team to deliver work effectively and achieve objectives.
Day to Day:
- Collate and bring together information and data on the performance of service providers and raise issues with performance to the Contract and Performance team to contribute to effective delivery.
- Provide information and answer enquiries on service performance where required to ensure that enquiries are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake standard and more complex analyses of data and numerical information using spreadsheets to provide the required information to enable contracts to be managed effectively.
- Operate the software and system used in the contracts management process to extract and obtain information to support others to perform their job effectively.
- Challenge service providers where required based on performance, working with the Contract and Performance team to ensure performance is delivered.
- Raise any issues or concerns on identified risks and issues so that risk can be mitigated in a timely manner.
- Collect and provide information to inform supplier audit, providing coordination and high level administrative support where required to facilitate the audit process.
- Proven experience working with spreadsheets
- Ability to analyse data and provide clear output
- Proven experience providing coordination and administrative support at a high level
- Knowledge and understanding of the software and systems used in the contracts and performance management process
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to provide complex data and information in an effective manner
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job