Job reference number 78589
Business Solutions Analyst - Supply Chain & Logistics
Royal Mail Farringdon
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK. The future of the Royal Mail Group has never looked stronger. We work alongside UK Parcels and International & Letters (UKPIL) and as one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, a recent extensive review has led to a complete business transformation and the potential for growth and success has never been greater.
The RMG IT Operations Logistics Portfolio serves the supply chain for the largest vehicle fleet in the UK as part what is arguably the largest technology transformation programme underway in Europe. We are looking for a Business Solutions Analyst with a passion for transformational change and the enthusiasm for ongoing process improvements to deliver a combination of modernisation initiatives and cutting edge emerging technologies to an extensive user-base.
Key Accountabilities/ Job Attributes
- You will be the primary interface between the operations business and the technology leads, as such the ability to communicate clearly in different business environments and create key stakeholder relationships will be pivotal to the role.
- You will work proactively with the business to capture and document technical and business requirements in a clear and concise fashion. The ability to take complex problems and document them in a coherent manner is key to success. We require excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to document requirements without ambiguity.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to recognise opportunities to improve business processes and systems and the ability to quantify potential benefits to support building business cases.
- Preferably graduate calibre, we are seeking an individual with experience of flexible Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Essential experience includes a demonstrable track record of delivering large and complex UK based technology projects, preferably in a logistics and supply chain environment.
- Identification of high-value business improvement opportunities for programmes with measurable benefits
- Produces Requirements Specifications that will be used as the basis of supplier’s bids and tenders to supply solutions
- Accuracy and completeness of specifications is critical to minimise programme changes and associated costs.
- Logistics / Supply chain technology experience. (Physical movement of products rather than e-Commerce)
- Very good standard of English and excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to document requirements without ambiguity
- Proven ability to translate complex issues and requirements into coherent, plain language using simple terms
- Track record of delivering large logistics/supply chain projects in the UK
- Ability to persuade stakeholders to change and innovate.
- Experience of complex Governance environments and understanding of Waterfall and Agile delivery
- Dynamic, self-starter
- Experience in bridging operations and technology
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply, Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job