Business Intelligence (BI) - Technical / Team Lead- Permanent Role
Our client, a leading, diverse and ambitious Public-sector organisation based in Croydon are looking for a first-class individual to take on the role as their new Business Intelligence Technical Lead. On offer is a package of £52,000 plus a typically competitive public-sector benefits package that includes a leading pension contribution.
Our client holds a wealth of data on service users, across multiple systems. Like all large organisations, they face challenges in capturing, structuring, updating and presenting this data in the most efficient and effective way and over the past 18 months have invested resources in several innovative projects as part of a 'Business Intelligence’ programme which have brought together datasets from multiple sources to offer new insights into our service users, demands and costs.
They are now looking to take our approach to the next level and have invested funding to put in place a permanent Business Intelligence team and the required technical infrastructure- at the heart of that team is the Business Intelligence Technical Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of the technical infrastructure and the delivery of multiple projects and outputs.
- Excellent knowledge of designing and developing a Business Intelligence technical environment
- Excellent knowledge of how to build new data sets and structures and managing the distribution, replication and archive of data
- Strong knowledge of programme, project and performance management techniques, building teams, and motivating team members.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Experience delivering Business Analysis (definition of requirements, working with Service Areas)
- Experience working with large, disparate data sets
- Master Data Management experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure in particular)
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Query Performance Tuning
The environment is as follows:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016, Analysis Services (SSAS), Relational Database, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Mining, Microsoft Power BI, Excellent TSQL scripting
- Experience of delivering Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technologies including user interfaces, particularly Microsoft BI technology
- Effective management of staff, contractors and suppliers in a multi-disciplinary team
- Management, leadership and delivery of complex projects and programmes within time and cost.
- Operating with credibility and gravitas at Head of Service and Director level.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Currently we cannot offer sponsorship for this role, and as such candidates will be required to prove they have right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Team Management
- power BI
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job