Business Development Manager
Lumina Intelligence is one of the leading consultancies in the food and drinks industry. We provide expert consultancy through data and insight, powered by analytical thinking, outstanding expertise, and insights technology. Part of the William Reed Group we provide data and insight to the food and drink industry.
The Business Development Manager will lead & grow the new business function through developing a new business pipeline, nurturing leads through networking, digital marketing and face to face engagement
- Generate, nurture and close sales leads across the Lumina Intelligence product portfolio
- Develop and maintain a new sales pipeline, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Understand prospects strategy, insight and data needs and business strategy.
- Write detailed commercial proposals, from client brief, with cost and timings.
- Source and engage prospective companies
- Develop Lumina Intelligence account-based marketing strategy with our senior digital marketing manager
- Attends conferences & networking events to develop sales leads
- Understand our products, subscriptions, reports and solutions in detail
- Work collaboratively with the wider team to nurture prospects & feed into the new product development pipeline
- Update CRM systems accordingly
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven results in a similar or relevant sales/new business role.
- Proven track record of networking with senior contacts.
- Adept at gleaning information from prospects and converting to detailed proposals.
- Confident in pitch and sales negotiation.
- Working knowledge of insight and data analysis and an understanding of market research.
- Experience in either hospitality/food service and retail sector is preferential, but sector knowledge is not essential.
- Ideally experience of subscription-selling
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ingrained sense of timeliness, knowing instinctively how long a request will take and cost.
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel often
- A passion for winning and ability to work independently
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary plus un-capped bonus earning potential
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance Scheme
The Lumina office is based in Farringdon and head office is near Crawley, 30 minutes from Brighton and 10 minutes from Gatwick and its connections to Victoria, London Bridge, and the world. You will be required in the office a minimum 2 days per week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
CLOSING DATE: 21/09/21
- Client Services
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'