As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying sales leads, delivering pitches to new clients, and winning new business. This exciting role requires an organised, motivated self-starter who is target driven, comfortable presenting and communicating with senior clients and has a positive, can-do attitude. This role will involve selling existing propositions, and by listening to customers potentially developing new propositions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strong communication skills, with passion for following up new business opportunities and setting up client meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations, communicating new product developments to prospective clients, writing reports and keeping up to date with company pipeline documentation
- To manage a portfolio of client accounts, including implementation of new clients, ensuring delivery of service to agreed scope
- To create a pipeline of new sales opportunities, either creating new leads or from your existing network of contacts - Developing relationships with appropriate organisation and personnel
- Delivering presentations, developing tender preparation (as required), developing pricing proposals and closing sales
- To ensure that client scoping documents have been collected, and bespoke elements of client contracts have been fully specified and are in the development pipeline to meet agreed deadlines
- To ensure that contract deliverables (client databases, survey forms, marketing materials, reports, training, engagement sessions etc.) are organised
- To identify potential client, upsell opportunities and communicate these to the service development team
- To understand current company sales propositions and service offerings and be able to communicate these to clients
- To develop existing relationships with clinical membership organisations, developing strong partnerships in order to be able to reach their membership
- Attendance at company events in the UK as required
- To develop expertise in the three sectors (NHS, Private, Pharma) we work in, and the issues that face the wider healthcare market in order to communicate with authority and confidence to clients and educate colleagues internally
- To work closely with the marketing, operations and service development teams as required
Skills and Attributes
- Networking, closing skills, public speaking and meeting sales goals
- Ability to develop long term trust-based relationships with clients, adding value to existing contractual arrangements
- Commercial and target-oriented, with previous sales experience and track record of winning new business
- Understanding of the NHS and Private markets and previous sales experience is essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, having excellent organisational and negotiation
- Health background would be beneficial, and good knowledge of the NHS/ Private markets
- Experience with public sector tendering and/or experience of preparing tenders desirable
- Ability to influence external customers at all levels including board level
- Passionate and driven, with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong team ethos and ability to work cross functionally
- Able to work at pace and with ambiguity
- Passionate about helping patients
- Resilience and persistence
- Annual revenue/cash sales targets and pipeline targets
- Agreed renewal rates of existing clients including optimising existing client accounts
- Tender rate wins
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus
- Share Options
- 25 days holiday
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Sales Leads
- Sales Opportunities
- Client Accounts
- Tender Preparation
- Service Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'